How can I check my special assessment balance and/or pay off my balance?

The unpaid balance of special assessments, or uncertified balance, is the balance that remains after the yearly installment is sent to Cass County for payment. The special assessment balance for properties in West Fargo are available on the Assessor website. Be sure to follow the on-screen instructions for entering the parcel number or address correctly.

If you intend to pay off your specials, please contact the Finance department or fill out the Special Assessment Payoff Request form to obtain the actual pay-off dollar amount, as interest accrues on this balance monthly. Interest charges may be less if prepaid. Partial payments are accepted. There are no specials payments accepted between October 15th and November 1st to allow for the completion of certification of specials installments to Cass County. If you have questions about pending special assessments contact the City Engineer.

Payments may be made in cash, check or money order made payable to the City of West Fargo. Payments may be made in person (from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) or by mail to:

City of West Fargo

800 4th Avenue E, Suite 1

West Fargo, ND 58078

Please note: The City of West Fargo does not have the information for the Sheyenne Diversion. The Sheyenne Diversion information may be obtained by calling (701) 298-2381.


Show All Answers

1. Can I have my utility bill emailed to me?
2. What are pending specials?
3. How can I pay my utility bill?
4. How do I stop utility services for my property because I'm moving?
5. What is an appraisal and why does the City of West Fargo do it?
6. How can I check my special assessment balance and/or pay off my balance?
7. Is there a charge for a building permit?
8. What are special assessments (also known as specials)?