What can I do if someone is harassing me?

If someone is harassing you, the first thing you should do is contact our Police Dispatch Center (RRRDC) at 701-451-7660 to report the harassment to an officer or come in person to 800 Fourth Avenue E. Then an officer will discuss the situation with you and inform you of your options. If possible, try to record the harassment or bring in the email / written / voicemail / texted evidence. Always document the time and place the harassment is taking place. 

If someone is harassing you and creating a dangerous or emergency situation, please call 911.

Show All Answers

1. Where do I look to see if I have a warrant?
2. How do I get fingerprints for a job or license requirement?
3. I want to buy something through MarketPlace, where is a safe space to do that?
4. My pet is missing, who do I call?
5. Can we bring our group to the Police Department for a tour?
6. How do I know if I'm being scammed?
7. How do I apply for a restraining order?
8. How do I evict a tenant from a property I own?
9. What can I do if someone is harassing me?
10. Do you have a tip line?
11. Can the police department be called for an unruly child?
12. What should I do if I believe someone may be using/selling drugs?
13. Why did it take so long for the police to arrive when I called them?
14. I am interested in a ride along with an officer, who do I call?
15. What should I do if I see a wild animal in the City of West Fargo?
16. Are there volunteer opportunities with the West Fargo Police Department?
17. Who should I contact to start a neighborhood watch program?